Pompeii [movie 2014] inspires me to travel, not dream

7:41:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

My beautiful sister recommended to watch Pompeii, saying that it was based on a true story.

And how the lovers ended up kissing before being "eaten" by the larva, I was expecting a lot of things going on for this movie.



 I love watching historical themes movies. Felt like watching the past unfold.

Let's talk about the eye-candies..

(pictures from moviefloss.com, filmschoolrejects.com)


I think the male lead was catchy. Sure, a man of few words. I am still left with a huge gap with their love story. Immense gap. period.



Perhaps she would be the ideal image for a local "goddess" to attract the "investor" all the way from Rome, but I couldn't see how popular she was despite the vague lines of her dad promoting her to all the single men in the town. Still, a pretty girl to watch :)


I think the villain-investor-bad-guy-from-rome here played his part right, but he is not exactly making me hate him. I personally think his guard is cute. *stars in the air*




In all honesty, that movie had a very weak story line.

I looked up Pompeii on the internet and found it to be breath-taking. So, thanks to the movie, i have a new place to add on the list of "places I wanted to go".

(Photos are from jenniferlynking.com, archealogy.about.com, travelthruhistory.tv)

Pompeii (pompei for current city) , was an early-developed civilization under the Rome empire that ended up buried alive when the volcano erupted.  Partially destroyed, it's remains are still so beautiful.


I can imagine walking through this lane with the locals being busy and about with their daily chores.


Gorgeous good looking pompeii-ians and romans walking about must have been a dream, I must say.

And they had arts. I think a country that loved arts, loved people and culture in general.

Sad part about Pompeii would definitely be that the people were really buried alive and turned into ashes. 


I am sorry for the lost of a town. May all the souls rest in peace. To many more Pompeii movies to relive the history, keep making dreamers like me dream more :)

0 comments:

Search This Blog