lovely beef knuckle!! [homemade]

4:45:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

My first beef post! (I love LOVE beef, please excuse me for the extra joy)


I bought 3 beef knuckle for RM 8.99 from Cold Storage, it was on discount. Discounted meat are great for experiments! So I rubbed it with generous amount of normal salt, generous amount of peppercorn, and mixed herb. (I used my hands to rub it all in)

I looked up videos to cook le beef. I like one in particular. 

The next day, I woke up and cooked the beef knuckle in under 5 minutes. 

I placed olive oil (about two spoons) and sliced butter to the pan. After it sizzled hot, that is when I threw in the meat. Olive oil might 'jump' out a little, so please be aware of it. 

My meat was about 1 and 1/2 inch thick, so it took me 2 and a half minutes on one side before turning it to the other side. The other side cooked faster, 2 minutes or less. I then seared the sides. 

If you are not a fan of peppercorn, you might want to go easy on the amount you rub. I like mine with more heat. 

You can see it is glazed quite nicely


Here's a little chunk of it being eaten by yours truly, meat is showing it's medium rare~
It was moist in the center, not much bloody/milky smell as it was an overnight rub. The outsides were a little crispy (I didn't move the meat once it is on the pan) and the rub flavour did turn out delectable.

Mixed herbs gotten the smell off. Salt and beef goes well together :))



The meat comes off easily :)

A blurry but satisfied beef knuckle. The sauce is actually quite savoury. I didn't try the sauce in the video due to the lack of time. 


Next up? I should be trying it with mustard :P


xoxo, 

Fluffeh bunneh that eats meat.

0 comments:

Search This Blog